Ocean Tackle International
1-Year Limited Rod Warranty
Ocean Tackle International, Inc. (OTI) rods are covered by a 1 Year Limited Warranty against non-conformities in workmanship and materials to the original purchaser. OTI's sole obligation under this 1 year limited warranty is to repair or replace, at OTI's discretion, a defective rod at no cost to the original retail purchaser other than the cost of packing, insuring, and shipping the rod to OTI for evaluation. A dated sales receipt is required.
Damages occurring due to neglect or accident are not covered. Repairs, modifications, or replacement parts may be available through OTI on a case by case basis. Breakage deemed to be the result of angler error (including high-sticking), or normal wear and tear, may be repaired or replaced for a specific fee. OTI will provide a full estimate for your approval before we initiate any repair deemed not under warranty.
If the rod you have for return has been discontinued or is no longer available, the last OTI listed price will be used to determine the value towards a replacement rod.
In the case of an accident or angler error, OTI also offers a "No Questions Asked" Lifetime Warranty. The price of this warranty is 50% of the MSRP of the broken rod (or the next closest replacement if the original rod is no longer available). Return shipping is not included in this price.
This additional warranty MUST be purchased and redeemed directly from OTI, and may be redeemed anytime within the original ownership of the rod. This lifetime warranty option is applicable only towards the purchase of new rods from OTI, or one of our authorized dealers, unless otherwise authorized directly from OTI.
This warranty is not transferrable and does not cover wear and tear of the rod.
Instructions for Submitting a Rod for Warranty
1. Please contact OTI via phone or email to discuss your warranty request.
2. You will be assigned a RMA number, which will need to be listed on your return information.
3. Please include your name, return address, RMA number, sales receipt, and a brief description of what happened to the rod.
4. Please ship the damaged rod prepaid and insured to OTI for inspection.
5. If this is a custom rod, remove any components that you want to keep unless otherwise specified.
6. If you have purchased the Lifetime Warranty, you are responsible for the shipping charges for the replacement rod.
Ship your rod to:
Ocean Tackle International
Attn: Warranty Department
6825 Tilton Rd Bldg C
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234-4426
In no event shall OTI be held liable for incidental or consequential damages or losses occurring from the improper, or misuse of our products.